Award-winning Polish court interpreter
In addition to my university qualifications, the Chartered Institute of Linguists awarded me the Susan Tolman Award for the best DPSI Law candidate of 2017. have been working as an interpreter for the Ministry of Justice for more than 7 years and have accumulated more than 4000 hours of legal interpreting experience.
My legal interpreting experience
I have gained considerable experience working as a court interpreter in the following areas:
- criminal law: from summary offences at magistrates' courts to serious trials at Crown Courts (several murder trials at the Old Bailey, smuggling cases, GBH, sexual offences).
- extradition proceedings at Westminster Magistrates' Court
- family law: child proceedings at family courts and county courts and child abduction cases at the Royal Courts of Justice.
- immigration law: deportation proceedings at immigration tribunals.
- National Probation Service: pre-sentence interviews and supervision appointments.
- Cafcass: interviews in family proceedings.
- Employment tribunals: unfair dismissal cases.
- Mental health: mental health tribunal hearings and mental health assessments in criminal proceedings.
How much do my court interpreter services cost?
My fees are set out in the table below. Please note I don't charge an hourly rate, but provide the service in increments of 2-hour blocks. If my attendance at the client's venue isn't required, remote video interpreting is a more affordable option.
The costs below are inclusive of all travel charges within the 20-mile radius by road from W6 0XL (which covers most of the Greater London area). Above the 20-mile mark, an extra travel charge of £2.50 per mile will be applied.
|up to 2 hours||£99|
|up to 4 hours||£149|
|up to 6 hours||£199|
|up to 8 hours||£249|
How to book me?
You can book online by completing a short booking form. I aim to respond to all enquiries within 1 - 2 hours. If I'm not available at the time requested by the client, I will suggest other available dates in my reply.
Do you need court translation or an interpreter in another language?
If you need a reliable court translator or court interpreter services in another language, please let me know and I might be able to help you find one among my colleagues.
The photo of Statue of Justice at The Old Bailey in London is by Ronnie Macdonald. The original image along with license information can be found here.